- I began my career in the early 90‘s as a PR for the hotel chain Sun International in South Africa. In the dying years of apartheid, Sun’s flagship resort – Sun City – was southern Africa’s mecca for A-list stars including Elton John, Sting, Tina Turner, and also hosted a major annual international golf tournament
- In time, I was drawn to the developing world, leaving the concert hall lights for kerosene lamps in post-war Kosovo. I spent two years as a programme officer for European non-governmental organisations like Secours Catholique, Caritas and Malteser.
- In England in 2003, I joined the media team for Comic Relief, helping to organise the first Sports Relief event, two Red Nose Days as well as Make Poverty History and Live8 campaigns in 2005 that gained massive global prominence.
- In 2010, after six years with Oxfam where I honed my advocacy and political campaigning skills, I became a creative consultant working with a wide range of clients including; Robin Hood Tax, Malaria No More, Global Network for Neglected Tropical Diseases, Jo Cox Foundation, Unilever and Nestle.
- In 2015, I was part of the initial team brought together by Richard Curtis to plot and implement the UN’s Global Goals campaign.
- I’ve worked with inspired individuals and agencies representing the full spectrum of creative endeavours from
songand video production, photography, design, digital, social media and mainstream media.
NEXT CAME OXFAM
- Next came Oxfam, where I was able to beef up my advocacy and political campaigning skills. For six years I worked in the media and campaigns teams, ending my time there as Oxfam’s first Creative Strategist.
- In 2010, I became a consultant, creating and collaborating with the likes of Richard Curtis, the Global Poverty Project, the Sabin Vaccine Institute, Pants to Poverty and others, hence the name: Creative Collaborations.
- I’ve worked with inspired individuals and agencies representing the full spectrum of creative endeavours from video, photography and design to digital and social media, mainstream media and public relations.
- I’m very proud of the ideas we’ve turned into reality together.
– Nicky Wimble
ABOUT CREATIVE COLLABORATIONS (CC)
I started Creative Collaborations to assist charities and other organisations to realize the potential of opportunities and ideas, to create and implement awareness and fundraising campaigns, nationally or globally, big or small.
With the right
I am not one of those people who thinks that ideas are the sole property of “creative people”. Most of us are capable of creativity and inspiration. Also, while an original concept might come from a single source, the development of that idea is seldom a singular pursuit.
As James Russell Lowell put it: “Creativity is not the finding of a thing, but the making of something out of it once it is found.”
So, I believe that collaboration is essential.
WHAT CAN CC DO FOR YOU?
Do you have a campaign you want to create, a cause or issue you want to promote or simply an idea you want to develop? Need someone to unlock the creative potential of your brand or bring
By building the right partnerships, crafting the best strategy and pulling together the appropriate skills, Creative Collaborations delivers inspired campaigns, whether local or global.
We oversee the project from start to finish, working with clients to inspire great creative strategies, recruit appropriate talent, deliver awesome content and implement innovative communications and digital campaigns to reach the target audience
What Others Say
Writer, director and founder of Comic Relief
“Nicky is passionate, utterly committed, totally delightful – and meeting with her cheers me up no end with ideas and plans that make things in the world a little better.”